Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dries Van Noten

I recently had to buy a black suit for a school event, which is kind of ridiculous since I'm seventeen years old. Someone told me I looked professional. I didn't, I looked like I was going to a funeral.
The point I'm trying to make is that business women no longer wear black suits and sensible heels. They rock the world in Chanel and Christian Louboutin. Power is sexy and Dries Van Noten is designing for the power women of today. Absolutely gorgeous.

This is such a great color. Still neutral, but not-your average neutral so it looks fantastic. I think it's perfect for this fall.
Love this bag. Due to my obsession with big bags, I think this is fantastic. This jacket has a little bit of a masculine feel to it. I love men's clothing on women, it's one of the sexiest things out there. This is beautiful. I love turning trench coats into dresses, because I think they have such a flattering cut, it's a waste not to use them as dresses. This is so gorgeous I can't stop looking at it. Love how effortlessly chic this looks.
This jacket is magical and matched with the leopard it's perfection.
Oh my goodness. This silhouette is gorgeous. This dress is gorgeous. This jacket is gorgeous. These shoes are gorgeous. Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous.

Simple. Classic. Timeless.



Love the Leopard and the cinched waist with the bulky vest underneath. Utterly Genius


Love the Lace. It's beautiful. I love the green sleeves in the dress and those shoes with that skirt.







Love these dresses. The colors are rich and the shapes are beautiful



I don't usually like gold that much but Dries Van Noten did a great job with it in this collection. I love how the jacket is paired with black pants and shoes but the dress, which is simple, has bright green shoes. Fabulous.



Tootles,
Mamie

P.S. All the pictures are from New York Magazine


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by! you guys have a great blog here :) i love a lot of these looks as well!

    ReplyDelete